FlyDubai Job vacancies 2022
The ‘IT Application Architect – PSS’ is responsible for end to end design, architecture and non-functional performance of PSS software.
The role is also responsible for technical interactions with development partners, and ensure FZ Design Standards are applied uniformly across all vendors, resulting in consistent software.
• Document, manage and move to production new applications/modules/functionality developed internally as well as by external vendors.
• Perform static code reviews and tool based reviews to ensure code quality and adequate code coverage.
• Guide development of frameworks which will be extended by inhouse/vendors, aligning the hybrid solution development along acceptable standards.
• Review vendor design.
• Maintain and regularly update the Class Diagrams and Design deliverables related to PSS data structures.
• Lead Proof of Concepts and Identification of Emerging Technologies, and ensure best of breed solutions are incorporated into FZ Application Library.
• Research and recommend innovative solutions for PSS system taking into account locally hosted, cloud and hybrid solution options.
• Validate architectural fit and stability of data structures in PSS and related applications.
• Work along with development vendors to ensure FZ application architecture design and development standards are followed, delivering best of breed solutions.
• Optimise development effort, by bringing in best practices in application development.
• Develop and maintain the Reservation System and associated systems.
• Ensure the developed solution is validated against the agreed design.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of application/transaction related issue, in development, testing, staging,
• production and DR environments as part of the PSS project.
• Guide implementation of technology to be used in software development/design.
• Lead PSS IT initiatives including Enterprise Service Bus, Business Middleware, SOA based reusable enterprise web service suite, API
• Gateway, technical architecture.
• Align design of solutions alongside business objectives, and ensure organisational goals are met.
• Ensure all applications and changes to applications fit the organization’s technology infrastructure and business strategy.
• Implementation of new generation technology solutions for FZ hosted PSS platform, maximing revenue and minimising operational costs.
• Experience in working with Quality Structures such as SEI CMM, ITPM, Tik, 6 Sigma.
• Decision Making
• Effective Communication
• Strategic Thinking
• Inspiring & Developing others
• Team work
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Business Acumen
• Customer Focus
Qualification & Experience:
• Broad knowledge of development platforms, languages and technologies
• Enterprise Architecture Framework: Togaf, Zachmann
• Good knowledge of IATA standards for RES and DCS applications
• At least five years of hands-on application development experience
• Bachelor of Technology/Engineering (IT or equivalent discipline)
• Middleware Integration: IBM Websphere, TIBCO Enterprise, BizTalk, Oracle Fusion, SOA, Business Process Management (BPM),
• Business Activity Monitoring.
• 8+ years airline industry experience
• 6+ years technical architecture experience
• 6+ years experience working in airline software design