Butcher Job Available In UAE
Date: 8 Nov 2023
Company: Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim Retail invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Butcher is responsible for mincing, meat marination, and preparing required portions of meat in line with the customer’s requirements, section’s operating standards and hygiene control procedures. The role holder is also responsible for weighing meat, wrapping it and putting it out for display.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Apply meat preparation and processing methods and techniques to prepare products as per the customers’ requests and butchery’s standard operating procedures.
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter as per the defined guidelines.
- Assist customers in their product inquiries in a professional and timely manner, and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Promote add on sales and maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
Operating Standards and Hygiene Control
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhering to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain hygiene standards and ensure that own work area, including the freezers and chillers are kept clean and food waste is disposed in the correct manner.
- Identify and segregate waste and damaged products on daily basis while maintaining a record of the waste and damaged items.
- Assist in receiving the supply and perform stock counts whenever needed.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work.
- Apply and follow MAFR’s Human Capital corporate policies and relevant procedures and instructions.
- Provide feedback and trainings to colleagues and peers, when required.
- Develop necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational cost.
- Provide inputs while developing MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures, and monitor the implementation.
Disclaimer: This role description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the role identified and shall not be construed as an exhaustive description of all the work requirements inherent to success in the role.
Definition of Success
- Meat mince, marinade and preparation methods
- Proficiency in packing, wrapping, labelling and displaying meat products
- Level of customer service provided
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Basic English language reading, writing, and interpretation skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is a plus
1 – 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Highly organized with strong multitasking skills
- Adapt in a multicultural environment
- Excellent listening abilities
- High attention to detail